adsense beta

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Udta Punjab - Trailer Review

Udta Punjab’s intense subject tackles a grave and serious issue of drug problem in Punjab. Yet, I was surprised and impressed by the light, fun and quirky treatment of the movie in the trailer. Thank goodness it wasn't preachy and seems to follow the life of the affected protagonist and the lives interwoven with his own. The songs are catchy. Shahid Kapoor has transformed and looks the part of a rockstar cum drug addict. Diljit Dosanjh who is a huge star in north I hear and Kareena Kapoor look convincing in their parts but for me its Alia Bhatt who stole the show! Always presented in highly glamorous avatars, I was skeptical how would she potray such a totally different character devoid of any filmy gloss or glamour. The make up, hair and costume departments got it right and she definitely looked the part in the character teasers (an interesting way of marketing the movie, reminds me of PK) but still I reserved my opinions till I saw the trailer. The girl can act! She got the accent spot on but the nuances in her expressions and voice had me like Wow! She has put in the effort. Looking forward to her performance and I am sure I will not be disappointed. I hope the movie ends up being interesting as well, lets wait and watch.

-          S. Chaudhary

No comments:

Post a Comment