adsense beta

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 1 Review



Spoilers Alert!
Right off the bat let me just say, in HD the show is like Wow! Game of Thrones is a show that “deserves” to be seen in High quality – the visuals, the costumes, the cinematography, the perfect ambience, the background score, costumes, make up, acting, vfx, writing – for every single department damn! It is an “experience.” Ok enough of fan girl talking (wipes drool) and lets talk about the latest episode of the latest season.

I was convinced that either Jon Snow shall remain dead ( I heard rumors he wasn’t a major character in the books anyway, I haven’t read the books yet so don't know) or return as a white walker when another rumor (which I thought was an April Fool’s day prank) surfaced that Jon Snow is alive. Plus his posters were teasing us too, damn is he dead or not? That’s so cruel, we been on tenterhooks over the fate of one of our beloved characters for a year man, the suspense is killing! Then with the red priestess and Ser Davos involved I am imagining that Melisandre will somehow be involved with his resurrection. After all she does know magic and few seasons back she had expressed surprise at the fact that the Lord of light had repeatedly resurrected one of the characters if I correctly remember from a certain brotherhood without banners almost 6 or 7 times! I only hope she doesn’t sacrifice Jon’s direwolf Ghost to bring him back to life!  (they are showing that wolf way too much so I am scared, why are they doing that?) And how do they all plan on getting out of that room surrounded by crows in Castle Black – alive?
Then Theon’s escape. And finally Theon picking up a sword after ages and slaying soldiers to protect Sansa, it will be fun to watch his transformation from Reek to Theon in the episodes to come, if it happens. (By the way, what a brilliant actor Alfie Allen!) I am interested in their jouney thenceforth now that Brienne and Podrick have also joined them.
I wonder whether Arya’s character is permanently blinded as a punishment or is she being challenged and trained to become better? That would be interesting to watch as it unfolds. Why are her eyes that way and what’s going on?

That shot where Trystane’s face is split into half – damn! I wasn’t expecting that for sure. So sudden. And now that Ellaria is the queen of Dorne (I suppose), it will be interesting to see how things play out. Obviously Cersei won’t sit quiet as her daughter was killed (and also she humiliated in front of the entire city!) I wonder what will Margaery do, will she eventually become righteous? Seems next to impossible but they were hinting towards and teasing us right? And I wonder how the Tyrells will free her and Loras.
I was a bit disappointed with Khaleesi’s angle. It was too slow for me. But since this is the first episode let the plots pick up from where they left gradually. I am hoping and expecting more from this particular sub plot as it seems to be eventually becoming central to the story soon.

The seriously "what the f moment" for me was when the red priestess takes off her necklace. It took me a moment to understand what was going on. Saggy boobs instead of the perky tits, wrinkly skin instead of the tight, pale, smooth complexion, hair, face, everything changed. Who is this woman? And then it hit me Boom! Damn I will not be surprised if she is a 100 years old (or even a 600 year old) witch.
As usual, GoT did not disappoint, but I am expecting the pace to pick up from next episode onwards. You GoT guys have set the bar so damn high, as high as "The Wall." So now I am Greedy. Eager. Hooked.
-          S. Chaudhary

Images courtesy Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment