adsense beta

Saturday 31 January 2015

Never take life for granted. Love while you still got the time

I just received the news of an aunt's untimely demise. I was not particularly close to her, we hardly interacted. Infact our perspectives in life were diammetrically opposite. But why is this news still bothering me then? Why do i still feel sadness in my heart? Because as soon as i received the news, the very first memories of her that started flooding my mind were not of how different we were as people but of her kindness and acts of grace that touched my heart. I didnt even know i had held onto these moments somewhere in the back of my mind, you dont ruminate on these things on a daily basis in fact probably not at all. Like the time when my family member was in the ICU and i was in the waiting room, eyes tightly shut n praying. When i opened my eyes she was sitting right in front of me smiling and she made a funny remark and did my mimicry about how i was praying at which we both laughed. A moment of laughter and respite in an otherwise tense environment. Or the time she cooked food for us and brought it at my house. I remember her presence in my life in my moment of darkness when the same family member had passed away. No large gestures. No big talker. Not a one on one personal interaction as such but just by being there. But these little little things, these are the very things i remember right now. I am sure i had thanked her profusely back then and now i will be there for her family the way she was there for us. Yet. There is still some regret. Maybe of not staying in touch enough. Maybe not talking enough. Maybe not loving enough. I dont know what it is but its making me restless. All i know is i am kind of emotional right now. And the lesson i take from this is to not take life for granted cause you never know when your time is up. Love while you still got the time.

- S. Chaudhary

No comments:

Post a Comment