adsense beta

Monday 2 May 2016

Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 2 Review

Spoilers Alert!

Jon Snow is Back in the game baby! Yeah!!

Okay so a lot of sub plots moved forward in today’s episode and 2 characters eliminated. But three key sequences stood out for me. Firstly, Tyrion’s antics. That guy with his flamboyant style, sharp wit and hilarious remarks is awesome to watch. I hope George RR Martin never kills him! We had already witnessed a glimpse of Tyrion’s rendezvous with the dragons in the trailers but when he actually walked up towards them I was like, man what is he thinking? (That by the way is a fantastic shot, pitch black dark, sounds of only random growls or breathing and then a beautiful glowing fire shot to  reveal it is in fact in the dragon’s mouth! Spectacular!) Varys had more sense, his frightened body language saying like "Dude Imma stay right here at the closest exit, I don’t believe suicide is a good idea!" I was watching with bated breath and then I realized, wait what’s he doing? Tyrion was actually talking to the dragons?! This guy can negotiate with anybody! Then he was petting the beasts and I was thinking – Tyrion, you may die today, probably roasted alive, or ripped into half and devoured by the starving dragons but you have my respect you brave fool!  And then the other dragon scoots towards him and like - Hey would you mind unchaining me too? Yeah thanks! The most hilarious part was where his wine intoxication seemed to be  leaving him as his senses and his sobriety returning as he hurriedly walks back to Varys and tells him next time he has such an outrageous idea (walking up to unfamiliar, famished, angry dragons to unchain them!) to punch him in the face. Couldn’t agree more! I love Tyrion.



The other jaw dropping moment for me was when Ramsay Bolton stabs his father. That was sudden. That’s the USP of Game of Thrones I believe. Things are not mostly unexpected (Except the Red wedding, I was Not expecting that!) They are expected yet sudden, if you understand the difference. Anyway, serves that backstabber right. Had it not been for him and his greed to become the warden of the north, Robb Stark and his entire family would have been alive. This time he was in Robb’s place and betrayed by his closest, trustworthy aide! That’s called Karma Roose Bolton. As for Ramsay, the best compliment for Ramsay I believe is when my mother said, I thought by far the worst evil I had seen was King Joffrey. But this guy makes Joffrey look good! A character that is jealous, heartless, barbaric, devoid of remorse, greedy and insecure, it would be fun to watch how much more will Ramsay stoop now that he has all the power he craved.




And last but not the least. The question we were all asking since the past year finally got answered in this episode. Yes. Jon Snow is back from the dead. And thankfully not as a white walker! And thank goodness Ghost was not sacrificed, till the last moment I thought the wolf would die and Jon would rise! But he looked at the door that seemed to barge open on its own or maybe because of a strong wind. Nah. That was Jon Snow’s spirit probably, visible only to Ghost! The red priestess didn’t seem too confident nor did the wildlings approve but Jon Snow was brought back using magic. It will be interesting now what he has to say and what will he do? (You must now know everything Jon Snow?) Will he go up to his backstabbers and say “I am back suckers!” and take revenge or take the high road. I am pretty sure by now Jon should be smarter, less easily trusting and more cunning than he was before. We shall know. Great episode!
-          S. Chaudhary

Images courtesy Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment