adsense beta

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Met Gala 2016 - Best and Worst Dressed

Beyonce has never looked hotter than she does in her thrities. She is slim and curvy and the dress hugs and accentuates her curves, love the fit. Love the hair and make up. But. She looks like she is wearing a dotted condom. Or a pimply skin yikes. Sadly, the shiny material of the fabric is tricky to pull off especially in terms of color (if you wear it in plain black its looks like you have wrapped a trash bag around your body!) She is using the same material in red (and even the sleeves design) as one of the costumes in her latest Formation world tour and it looks smoking hot onstage! Sadly, cannot say this about the red carpet.


I love the Lupita’s hair do and the shimmery green outfit. One of my favorites from the evening. And way better than that hideous head band and tennis net she wore at a previous gala.



Love Taylor Swift’s dark bold lips and hairstyle. That and the strappy knee high shoes complement the outfit.


Demi Lovato’s dress does nothing for me. The black and gold is kinda reminiscent of a previous Beyonce outfit she wore at the Gala some years back

Bella Hadid’s outfit could have used some unique accessorizing. Even the hair is too simple.


Zendaya looks like and Egyptian princess. But I wished she had carried either a contrast color clutch or a fancy belt to break the monotony of her outfit. Eye make up could have been dramatic.


Kylie Jenner plays its safe. The costume is uninspiring.

Wendi Deng Murdoch has a fabulous smile but her costume looks like curtains. Reminds me of Kim Kardashian's curtain outfit at the gala some years back.



I love Nicole Kidman’s outfit but I wish she added more drama with either the make-up or accessories. However that tiny tiara, nice touch!


Claire Danes does the Cindrella look with the smoky gray gown. Classy but not something I have never seen before.

One of my favorite actresses Rachel Mcadams please fire your stylist. Why that dress? Makes her arms look bigger and is a very confused style.


Loved Ciara’s hair. But isn’t the Swarovski over nude gowns a bit 2015? Are we still doing that?


Nina Dobrev’s costume would have been complete with a delicate pendant. Still, she turned out very well. Reminded me of Jennifer Lopez's Oscar gown



I am not able to decide whether or not I like Blake Lively’s costume. Love the earings, hair, red lips and the train of her outfit yet there is something off putting about that shiny material. I wish the fabric of the gown were consistent then she would have been dressed perfectly.


I had to wear shades to watch Cindy Crawford’s flashy, blingy dress. Neither love it nor hate it.


Kim Kardashian disappointed. Whatever people may say, I feel often she is very well turned out (barring that curtain she wore to the previous gala) and her accessorizing is usually on fleek. But here it looked like she didn’t put much effort.

I absolutely loves Jessica Chastain’s electric blue outfit. The hair, make up, styling spot on. A breath of fresh air.
The Met gala for me is like a one time hallpass for celebs to rock dramatic, unconventional ramp like outfits so if they miss the opportunity by underplaying or playing it safe or like they have dressed pretty and ordinary like for just any regular event, I am disappointed. I look to be wowed, to be in awe. On the other hand, the idea is to be unique, not hilarious, a thin line to tread often times. You don't want to look like a chicken with feathers or like curtains or dressed for funerals! But I would any day give a thumbs up to those who will experiment and fall rather than those being too bland, safe or subtle.
-          S. Chaudhary

Images Courtesy Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment