adsense beta

Sunday 5 January 2014

Crowning glory

http://www.sunsilk.in/


It's 6 am. Rise and shine. Looking forward to a crazy day ahead. I head to the shower and recharge my hair with the lovely smelling Sunsilk shampoo. Been a loyal patron of this fine product since i was a little girl in school and it has never failed me. All my sleepiness is washed away and im feeling fresh as a daisy, my batteries recharged, ready to take on the world today. I am dashing out of my house when i bump into my sleepy husband who has just woken up. He cant stop reaching for and sniffing my hair haha. "Pardon me Miss" he says, adding, "Hmmm....damn your hair smells so good, its magical. Good Morning to you" he gently  plays with my hair and kisses it. I am flattered (thanks Sunsilk!). Good morning it is.

I reach the building gate and am astonished to see my friend Seema waiting for me. Hair tied up, a tight chignon, covered with a large scarf. She is more astonished to see me. "Are you crazy? You gona be travelling like this? Tie up your hair ma'am else the wind will wreak havoc with your hair! Will take you an hour to free up the little tangles, not to mention the pain and the pulls. Ouch!" I just wink at her and hop onto my brand new Vespa. She doesnt give up yet, another warning - " You are looking like an effortless diva now wait until we reach Goa, your hair will resemble a scary nest." I burst out laughing as i try and picture a nest in place of my lovely hair, you have to hand it to her, she has a vivid imagination! She sits on the Vespa and we are ready to hit the road, In one last final attempt, my dear concerned friend pulls out another scarf from her handbag, " Acha atleast put this on. The sun, the pollution, the wind will damage and break your hair, steal its lustre making it dull and lifeless. Dont you worry about your hair?" Boy! does she remember to breathe between her sentences? " Na my jaan, thanks for all your concern and help, but trust me i wont be needing any of this. As it is will be hot and sweaty inside the helmet. Now can we focus only and only on enjoying this trip." Giving up, she shrugs but immediately cheers up on the thought of the adventurous road trip ahead.

Zipping through the city and after a long and tedious 12 hour drive, here we are. In heaven! In Goa. So much to do and so little time. I park my Vespa at the resort and steal a quick glance in my rear view mirror, Fabulous hair- check. Wind blown yet straight and smooth. Its a chilly winter evening and i am wondering if the climatic change will challenge my effortless diva hair. , it is still as bouncy n radiant as it was this morning when i stepped out of the shower. I meet up with the rest of the gang at the resort. Pooja, Trisha and Payal. This girls night out is gonna be super fun.

I dont take much time to get ready. Slip into my club dress and heels, make up and a quick combing of hair. Heading to this happening club, going to let my hair loose and dance all night. I am sweating through my hair but heck, dont care, having too much fun. The music is just right. We then head to this dreamy yet lively shack by the sea. The cool yet sandy breeze from the sea is blowing my hair, Its such a romantic evening, I am missing my hubby.

Day 2:
Adventurous is the tone of the day. Water sports today. After a crazy fun day where I and the girls indulged in some water skiing, para sailing and riding a water scooter, i head to the resort and crash on the bed. Shocked that my hair has still retianed its healthy bounce and radiance despite the atrocities of weather and all the adventures. i touch my squeaky clean scalp thats neither dry nor oily or sweaty. Seema, whose crowning glory now closely resembles the nest she was referring to is watching me with awe. She's headed to the shower so i hand her my secret in a bottle, my Sunsilk shampoo. She smiles and thanks me profusely. Sweet heart.
And finally after lazying on a hammock the entire afternoon, i hop into the resort pool. Chlorinated water is plain bad for hair. Will spoil the texture making hair rough and excessively dry. But since i set the tone of the day to adventurous i hop into the pool to enjoy a good swim. After spendiong an hour in the pool i head back to hotel room and step into the shower. I recharge my hair yet again with Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner. Then Blow dry my hair and on an impulse decide to have fun with a new funky hairstyle. I twist and turn sections of my hair in hot curling tongs to create a wavy hair look. New evening, new look i say. Loving this bold new look, i feel like a different person altogether! Despite the hot treatment, hair is still luscious and lively. I run my fingers through my locks, no breakage. Straight, soft and shiny as though i have just stepped out of a hair spa. And the Fragrance! Wow. Looking every bit a glamorous diva i am ready and waiting in the lobby for my friends to get ready and join me. Seema steps out first, grinning like a cheshire cat. Her hair invigorated with a a new energy, a fresh lease of life! Finally she has the confidence to let her hair down, "Hello Movie star" i tease her and she giggles. The girl gang heads for another evening at the club. After non stop dancing for 2 hours, i sit down on a couch to catch my breath. Another round of group pictures and selfies. I watch the images on the phone and cant help but drool over my own flawless perfect hair in every click! I touch my hair and wonder that I can focus on dancing, sports, swimming and all fun activities and yet look like a million bucks in every picture. And that freedom comes from using Sunsilk Shampoo and conditioner. No messes in my tresses! Recharged and raring to go. How cool is that!

- S. Chaudhary.
Pictures Courtesy: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment